“Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” Galatians 6:9 (NLT, second edition)
There are many things that work to keep us from completing our life missions. Over the years, I’ve debated whether the worst enemy is procrastination or discouragement. If Satan can’t get us to put off our life missions, then he’ll try to get us to quit altogether.
The apostle Paul teaches that we need to resist discouragement: “Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9 NLT, second edition).
Do you ever get tired of doing what’s right? I think we all do. Sometimes it seems easier to do the wrong thing than the right thing.
When we’re discouraged, we become ineffective. When we’re discouraged, we work against our own faith.
When we’re discouraged, we’re saying, “It can’t be done.” That’s the exact opposite of saying, “I know God can do it because he said …”
Ask yourself these questions:
• How do I handle failure?
• When things don’t go my way, do I get. grumpy?
• When things don’t go my way, do I get frustrated?
• When things don’t go my way, do I start complaining?
• Do I finish what I start?
• How would I rate on persistence?
If you’re discouraged, don’t give up without a fight. Nothing worthwhile ever happens without endurance and energy.
When an artist creates a sculpture, he has to keep chipping away. He doesn’t hit the chisel with the hammer once, and suddenly all the excess stone falls away revealing a beautiful masterpiece. He keeps hitting it and hitting it, chipping away at the stone.
And that’s true of life, too. Nothing really worthwhile ever comes easy in life. You keep hitting it and going after it, and little by little your life becomes a masterpiece of God’s grace.
The fact is, great people are really just ordinary people with an extraordinary amount of determination. Great people don’t know how to quit.
Talk It Over:
– What does your attitude toward a tough situation reveal about your faith?
– What have you been ready to give up on?
– How can God’s Word help you endure? Who in your life can encourage you to keep going?
FOR YOUR ONLINE SERVICES:
1. Online advertisement, 2. Online marketing, 3. Online promotion, 4. Product activation, 5. Branding services, 6. Artwork/Printing, 7. Graphic/Design, 8. Event! management
FOR ENQUIRIES PLS CONTACT NUBUNK™
08052063461, 08061288316, 08099042665, 08034279415,
BBM PIN: 2B5D884D, 22B59C6E, 29B3AF1E,
FF: nubunk.com, FF: @nubunk, Stg: @nubunk, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.